BMW and Apple Transform iPhone in a Digital Car Key
BMW and Apple are going to make a first-ever Digital Car Key on the iPhone. BMW is the first-ever company in the world that provides this futuristic technology.
This innovation of the digital key is compatible with some of the BMW Cars.
This Key is Compatible with the vehicles built from July 2020 and after that, all the vehicles of BMW are compatible with this upcoming technology.
In this technology, you can use your iPhone as a Key of your BMW car. This key is only used with the compatible model of your car.
What is BMW Digital Key?
This key is a normal key used for lock and unlocks the vehicle if it is compatible with your vehicle.
Securely lock unlocks the vehicle you can even start your vehicle with this key.
How to check that your vehicle is compatible with this key
To check that your vehicle is compatible or not download the BMW Connected App Login with your BMW ID and add your vehicle in the account.
After that see a Section Marked called “Digital Key” on the Homepage if it is there then your vehicle is compatible.
How it works?
It is simple to unlock the vehicle with this key. Simply hold the iPhone 1.5 inch away from the door it will automatically open the door.
This can open the door even if the phone is off.
You Can Manually set the password like face ID or PIN to Start or open the vehicle. Many More Functions like you can set the limitations for the other users through your phone.
Here is the list of BMW Cars in which the Digital Car Key is compatible.
- The 1
- The 2
- The 3
- The 4
- The 5
- The 6
- The 8
- The X5
- The X6
- The X7
- The M5
- The M8
- The X5 M
- The X6 M
Here are the devices which are compatible with BMW Digital key
The iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE second generation, and Apple Watch Series 5 these devices are compatible with the BMW Digital Car key.
One More important thing is that this key is compatible with the upcoming iOS 13.6 upgraded software for phones and for Watch OS 6.2.8 is compatible.
Key Points related to the BMW Digital Key
- You Can still able to use your Digital Key even if you Uninstall the BMW Connected app.
- If Someone wants to drive your car you can allow 5 persons by inviting them from the smartphone and add them in the user to use your car.
- Only the person who have main key can give controls to others and other keys are named as Restricted keys.
- You Can set the limits for the other users like how many controls he or she can use and how fast they go and they were not able to disable Dynamic Stability controls and Intelligent Safety cannot be deactivated which you set for others.
- If we talk about safety then it is a certified and tamper-resistant and high- security NFC chip in the iPhone.
- Your car and phone Information are not shared with Apple and BMW.
So that all about this upcoming technology and remember that this technology is only compatible with the BMW Cars which were built from July 2020.
For more information about the technologies and automotive news explore our website Revjust.com
Whatsapp group:- https://chat.whatsapp.com/E0w70xA4oZc4N9TEWOqj34