BMW Group Plant Chennai Sets a new level of Making a Green Future
BMW Group Plant in Chennai is all set to New Benchmarks for Building a Green Future
BMW Group Plant Chennai is taking the steps towards a green and sustainable future. As several efforts and steps have been taken already to make it successful and they said that the Plant is totally converted into 100% green electricity by the end of this year 2020. The Initiatives for water conservation and Tree plantation/ Biodiversity have been taken by the BMW Group Plant.
Image source:- Media infoline
What Managing Director of BMW Plant Chennai Said
Mr. Thomas Dose, The managing Director of BMW Plant Chennai Said that the term ‘Sustainable production’ Means investing in our future. Since 2007, our plant has Consistently reduced its consumption of non-renewable resources through modern technology, Stringent processes, and efficiency. This commitment is integrated through clear actions in our business model as well as production processes and has helped us in significantly reducing our footprint. we know the challenges and are rising to meet them by continuously setting higher goals. For BMW Group Plant Chennai, this is the key to a green future.Advertisement
BMW Group Plant Chennai used Renewable energy sources
BMW Group Plant is focusing on increasing the use of renewable sources of energy to make a Plant fully suitable for a green future. First of all, what is renewable energy? Renewable source of energy is the energy that can be naturally replenished for example solar energy, wind energy, etc.
From the last few years there is steadily replaced conventional energy sources with sustainable alternatives to make it 100% green electricity at the end of this year.
- In the present time, the plant takes 40% of electricity requirement trough a 1350 KW Solar Photovoltaic system.
- Some smart solutions have been taken by the plant-like
- Up to 50% of the electricity saved by using LED Lights.
- Fresh Air fans replaced by HVLS( High-volume low-speed) Fans.
- In Chennai, water shortage is the major issue, and to overcome that they use rainwater, Conservation of Fresh Water, and also do Water Treatment.
- They have Rainwater harvesting ponds at two locations.
- The Capacity of the Rainwater Harvesting ponds is 14,25,000 litres.
- More Than 3,40,000 litres of rainwater collected so far.
- Water used for cleaning is also treated and reused in gardening and landscaping.
- A new rainwater harvesting project is implemented at the starting of the year 2020
- This project stores up to 2,000 kilolitres and fulfills the 40% of the plant requirements.
MR. Dose Managing Director of BMW Plant Chennai Further said that ” A Strong culture at BMW Plant Chennai further promoted sustainability. Respect for resources is a part of BMW values and a principle we live by every day. While the management is taking steps to introduce sustainable innovations throughout the infrastructure and facilities, associated are playing an important role by promoting an attitude that is pro-conservation and makes a huge difference in day-to-day working.”