Effects of COVID-19 on Car companies
As we all Know the Nation has been lockdown from March 25 and till now the lockdown extended further Due to COVID-19.
- Since the Lockdown all the companies were suffering from huge Losses and car companies fell down to zero sales in the month of April.
- In the month of April, this is the first time in the history of the Auto industry that Zero vehicle is sold out.
- One of them the Auto industry in India sold no car in the month of April.
- The Auto industry losing the 306 million dollar a day due to the coronavirus pandemics.
- In April 2019 247,541 passenger vehicles and 68,680 commercial vehicles were sold out.
- The lockdown extended till May 17 Car companies increase the production losses.
Car companies Sales April 2020
The table shown below Shows the comparison of sales of Car companies in April 2019 and April 2020.
|Car companies||Sales in April 2019||Sales in April 2020|
This is clearly seen that there is a huge difference in the sales of Cars In April 2019 and in April 2020. As we can see from the table April 2020 is the worst month for the Car companies that not even a single unit of Cars was not sold.
The entire Car companies were sold a total of 2,45,547 units in April 2019 Whereas in April 2020 there is 0 units of cars were sold out. Clearly seen that 100 % loss in the sales of the Cars due to the coronavirus.
As Lockdown extended it will further affect the sales of cars and other vehicles also.
Maruti Suzuki has the highest figures for selling cars in April 2019. Maruti Sold the 1,31,385 units whereas in April 2020 there is no unit were sold out.
The Similar scenario was followed for the Hyundai, Mahindra, Tata, Honda, and Toyota.
- The Hyundai was sold out 42,005 units in April 2019 and no sale in April 2020 and further May 2020 is also started with the lockdown and no sales of the cars as well.
- Mahinda Sold out 18,901 units in April and Figure down to Zero in April 2020.
- Tata Sold the 12,695 units in April 2019 whereas in April 2020 not a single unit was sold.
- Honda sold 11,272 units in April 2019 and same as other Car companies it tends to zero sales in April 2019.
- Toyota sold 10,112 units in April 2019 and No sale in April 2020.
Similarly, The Car companies Ford, Renault, Nissan, Volkswagen, FCA, and Skoda also suffered from the same problem.
- The Ford sold the 6,515 units in April 2019 and in April 2020 Zero sales of the car.
- Renault sold the 6,256 units in April 2019 and now in April 2020 no sales of cars of Renault.
- Nissan Sold 6,256 units in April 2019 whereas in April 2020 Zero sales.
- Volkswagon, FCA, and Skoda face the problem like these they sold 1995, 1258, 1,126 units in April 2019 and now in April 2020 no sale of cars.
Kia and MG Recently Launched in 2019 Car companies in India and they have Zero sales in April 2019 and the same figure in April 2020.
So, Due to the Coronavirus, the whole world is affected by them and for safety purposes, he lockdown tends to happen in the nation. Therefore it results in a huge loss in every department. Hence, the result in great loss in every field and economy tends to go down day by day. Stay Home Stay safe!
Subscribe to Revjust.com