Tips on how to maintain your Car in Lockdown
When it comes to taking care of the vehicle many of us are not able to do it well Whereas Maintenance of the car is necessary Currently, in the Lockdown, it is important to make yourself safe and healthy.
It is also important to make your Cars or vehicle Well maintained and lockdown is going on in the nation no service stations are open. So here are some tips on how to maintain your Car in Lockdown.
Well, it is easy to do Maintenance of the vehicle at home during the lockdown period. Just simply follow the steps to how to maintain your Car in Lockdown given below.
- Parked Your Car Under the Safe Covered Area
- Disconnect the Car Battery if the car is not in use for several days or months
- Check Tire Pressure.
- Start Your Vehicle once in a week.
- Move your vehicle once in a week around in your society.
- Wash your car whenever it gets dirty.
- Park your vehicle in the gear instant of applying hand brake.
- Make sure your car will be locked properly for security purposes.
- Covered your Car.
- Change the engine oil if the car is stopped for a couple of months.
These are the following steps that you can do for the maintenance of your car during the lockdown but before following these steps it is important to know about the maintenance.
1. Parked Your car Under the Safe covered Area.
- Parking the car in an open area or under the trees may make your car dirty by falling leaves and flowers form the trees which make your car dirty.
- It is also not safe to park your car in the open area or under the trees because trees can break due to heavy wind and due to it may harsh your car may be scratched.
2. Disconnect the Car Battery if the car is not in use for several days or months
- Disconnect the car battery if it is not in use for several months because the battery regularly discharged even when the car is switched off.
- By disconnecting the car battery you can prevent your battery from unwanted discharging.
3. Check Tire Presssure
- Check tire pressure: Tires must be inflated properly with the required amount of air pressure.
- The required air pressure rating is written on the tire sidewall.
- It must not be underinflated or overinflated because in these cases complete tire failure can take place.
4. Start your Car once in a week.
- Start your car once in a week and leave it on ideal running speed.
- Due to this the battery of the car get charged.
- After that make sure check all the electrical it is working or not.
5. Move your vehicle once in a week around in your society.
- Take a short drive in the society due to which the tire air pressure remains accurate.
- If we don not move the car for the several days or months the tire air may leaks and results in empty tires which may harms car tires.
6. Wash your car whenever it gets dirty.
- This is the important and very basic factor that you should wash your car when it gets dirty.
- By washing the car on time it make looks your car better.
7. Park your vehicle in the gear instant of applying hand brake.
- Park your car in the gear instant of applying hand brake if car is stopped for the couple of weeks.
- It is better to stop the car in gear at the flat surface because it is good to stop the car in gear instant of applying hand brake.
- Parking the car in gear is better instant of applying hand brake for a longer time because hand brakes get jammed while applying for a longer time and makes noise when you move your car after a very long time so it is better to park your car in the gear.
- In the sliding area park your car in gear or in parking mode if available in your car and apply some stones which can prevent your car from sliding.
8. Make sure your car will be locked properly for security purposes.
- It is neccesary to double check your car that it is locked properly or not for the security purposes.
- While parking your car make sure your car will be locked properly so robbers cannot steal your car.
9. Covered your Car
- Covered your car properly due to which it prevents your car from being get dirty.
10. Change the engine oil if the car is stopped for a couple of months.
- First of all, check the engine oil if it is used for a long time to change them when you start your car after a very long time.
- This is because engine oil produces gases inside the block which may harm the engine of the car so change the engine oil.
- Check the coolant level: Check the coolant level of your vehicle regularly.
- Coolant is used to keep engine temperature in the working range.
- If there is less quantity of coolant, engine failure can take place due to overheating.
- Check for Owner’s Manual of your vehicle for the proper volume of coolant required.
So these are the tips to manage your car while lockdown you can simply maintain your car by following these steps. In the end, I would like to say that this is the crucial time that is going on for the whole nation to prevent yourself, prevent your nation. Stay home Stay safe Thank you.