The All-New Mahindra Thar 2020 Revealed- Mahindra Thar
The Most Awaited the All-New Mahindra Thar 2020 Revealed today on Independence Day. Many people were complaining about Thar that it lags in comfort and features but this time the all-new Thar comes with the more comfortable seats and features.
First of all what’s new in the New Mahindra Thar 2020
- The Mahindra Thar gets both diesel and petrol engines.
- The 2020 Mahindra Thar comes with two series that are Thar AX series and Thar LX Series.
- Roof Mounted speakers come with this 2020 Thar.
- New Touchscreen Infotainment system.
- Multicoloured TFT Display in Instrument cluster.
- Cruise control.
- Hill Hold and Hill decent Control.
- 226 mm of ground clearance More than ever before and 650 mm Water wading ability.
- R18 All-Terrain tires are used this time.
Image Source Mahindra Thar
You guys will definitely excited to know about the Technical specifications of the all-new Mahindra Thar then here it is.
First of all if we talk about the Manufacturing of the Thar the New Thar is made on the 3rd Generation chassis with authentic body-on-frame Construction which is the Mahindra’s best and most successful body frame.
The 2020 Mahindra Thar is available with the New M Stallion 150 TGDI Gasoline engine and M Hawk 130 Diesel Engine.
The New 2.0-litre M Stallion 150 TGDI Gasoline engine is able to produce 112 KW of Power with the Peak torque of 320 Nm whereas the 2.2-litre M Hawk 130 diesel Engine produces 97 KW of Maximum Power and Peak torque of 300 Nm. Both the Engine have DOHC 16 Valves.
If we talk about the Transmission system 3 types of transmission systems are there in the new Thar. The new 6-speed Manual Transmission, The 6-speed Torque Convertor Automatic Transmission, and Authentic Manual Shift On The Fly 4X4 Transfer Case.
Colour Options in New Mahindra Thar 2020
- Red Rage
- Mystic Copper
- Galaxy Grey
- Napoli Black
- Rocky Beige
Moving Forward towards the Features and Comforts of the all-new Thar 2020
- The 2020 Thar is now more comfortable with the sporty front seats with height and lumbar adjustment and the Front Facing adjustable seats with 50:50 split. These seats are well cushioning due to which whenever you are doing off-roading or driving on the Hilly areas the seats gives you full comfort.
- One of the best features I would say that the roof Mounted Speakers. Yes, you heard it right speakers are mounted on the roofs due to which it enhances the sound quality and makes you enjoy the music.
- The Touch screen Infotainment system is provided this time in the new Mahindra Thar which sported the apple car play, Android Auto like features.
- Another one of the best feature adventures stats customer Gauges is provided in the new Thar this feature provides you the full information about the off-road track, G-monitoring, Compass, Wheel angle, Torque, Gear Indicators, Speed, Power all these features comes under this. You can see these features on the Screen.
- The Multicoloured TFT Display in The Instrument cluster.
- Audio and Phone controls with Cruise control buttons provided on the Steering Wheel of the New Thar 2020.
- If we Talk about the Safety features the Dual airbags, ABS with EBD, ESP with Roll-Over Mitigation, Hill Hold and Hill Descent Controls comes with the new Thar.
- ISOFIX Child Seat Mounts on the rear seat.
- Brake Locking Differential for both Axles and another Mechanical locking differential for Rear axle.
The All-New Mahindra Thar comes with Two Series
- Mahindra Thar AX Series
- Mahindra Thar LX Series
1. Mahindra Thar AX Series
Mahindra Thar AX series is for adventurous purposes this is because it comes with the no roof on the Rear seats and made for especially for adventures. This AX Series is available in both the Petrol and diesel engine options with the Manual transmission system only.
Standard Features that comes in AX Series
- Fixed Soft Top
- 6-seater (2 Front + 4 side-facing)
- R16 White Steel Wheels
- Steel footsteps
- Mechanical Locking Differential
- Power Steering + power Window
- Dual Airbags + ABS
- Central Locking
- Intellipark: rear Parking Assist
Other Option Pack for AX Series
- Convertible top or hand top
- Front facing rear seats with roll cage + ISOFIX
- Remote Keyless entry( With Hard Top)
- height Adjustable driver seat
2. Mahindra Thar LX Series
Mahindra Thar LX Series comes with both Petrol and Diesel engine in which the Petrol with automatic transmission and Diesel with manual and Automatic transmission system is available.
Standard Features that comes in LX Series
- All features of AX
- Convertible or Hand top option
- Dual-tone Bumpers
- Moulded Footsteps
- R18 Alloy Wheels with 255/65 tires
- LED DRL’s + Front Fog lamps
- Height+ Lumber Adjustment on front seats
- Premium Fabric upholstery
- Touch screen Infotainment + TFT MID Screen
- Adventure Stats and Adventure Calendar
- Tiretronics and tire direction monitoring system
- Electronic stability program
- Electronic HVAC switches
- Brake locking differential
Price of The New Mahindra Thar 2020
The Price of the New Thar 2020 is not revealed yet. Expecting to be launched at the price range of Rs 10 to 14 lakhs.
For more updates and news related to the automotive explore Revjust.com